1) Make an appointment with your medical provider to discuss the gender affirming medical care you plan on obtaining. Let this provider know you are using Informed Consent as a means to access your basic right to medical care.

2) Attend an initial medical appointment with the medical provider you choose. You may bring this letter to introduce your intent to use informed consent to access medical care.

3) If your provider tells you they will not use informed consent and that you need a letter from a therapist, you can use this letter with a therapist/advocate. You and your therapist can adapt this letter to best meet your needs.

4) Meet with your medical provider to get the care you need.

NOTE: ICATH does not provide referrals. Please consult with your local community for recommended providers.